Comentários sobre Capture Color Man Lite

D. - 6 mai 2014 às 22:22
 Andreas - 25 nov 2014 às 20:52
Esta discussão é referente a um artigo específico do site. Para consultar o artigo original, clique no link abaixo:

https://br.ccm.net/download/baixaki-16508-capture-color-man-lite

I contacted the author of Just Color Picker at annystudio.com about this issue, and he/she (I presume Anny would be rather she) replied that they are aware of it because a few users already notified them in the past. I was surprised that Anny hasn't done anything about it, but that's their choice. I personally wouldn't be so forgiving.

Anny actually advised me not to worry and rather just use the software I like the best. The author has amazingly kind and soft attitude and said that it is not the first time their software and other work has been copied, but instead of taking actions they merely see it as a compliment: it is copied because it is truly good! Anny said that instead of wasting time chasing small wrongdoing, they prefer using this time and energy on creative work.

I see the point here: nobody would copy rubbish, but I would definitely be furious if someone was stealing from me like that. I am already furious because someone stole from them!

But.... the wish of the author is the law here, so I'm going to follow Anny's advice to use the software I liked and leave this case of petty theft at that.
I was looking for a color picker for my web design project, and tried heaps of them today. I saw this discussion, and couldn't walk past. I think the earlier versions of Color Man were indeed a copy of Just Color Picker's interface. The fact that the authors of Color Man added more color formats doesn't conceal the fact of the interface plagiarism. It is like adding one page to a stolen poem doesn't make it original. The newer version of Color Man's interface seems to be slightly reworked to make it different to JCPicker .

By the way, ACA Color picker IS a copy of Just Coor Picker too, they even copied the description from JCPicker's page and forgot to edit the name of the original program! So, comparing Color Man to ACA only makes things worse.

But all those plagiarism accusations aside, I did choose Just Color Picker in the end, because the quality of its make is by far superior to anything else I tried.
If - and only if - we say that Capture Color Man a is a copy, then Color Archiver (free) and Aca Color Picker (cost : 19,95 $ !) are copies too, because they are many much similar to JCP than Capture Color Man.

Capture Color Man had big differences than JCP. It's obvious. There are similarities too, but do not forget it's because all of these sofwares are made for color capture.

So, I don't understand the discussion in the previous posts. It's a shame to tear down a free software for unjustified reasons! I give a break to Mr Azar, Mr Simon Goldbaum is right, Capture Color man is not a copy.
The persons that saying CCMan has exactly the same interface than JCP are wrong because there are big differences and enter into a discussion of trolls. There are similarities but it's normal because these softwares are made for color capture.

Personally it does not bother, I do not need to relearn the manual. I'll change for Capture Color Man because the interface takes 30 % less space than JCP on the computer screen.
This Capture color man is just a bad quality copy of the famous Just Color Picker.
This is just a bad copy of Just Color Picker. JCP has been around for ages and perfected its interface through years of evolution and experience. Now comes this Capture Color Man and rips someone else's achievements. I'll stick to Just Color Picker.

Assine nossa newsletter!

Assine nossa newsletter!
Junte-se à comunidade